Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reading Minute


I chose to read What Was I Scared Of by Dr. Seuss.  I chose this book because it was my favorite bedtime story when I was little and I wanted to share it with the class.  It is a children's book, and I believe it is a great story with a good message.  It is about a boy who came across a pair of floating pants with nobody inside of them.  He feared the pants and judged them to be scary without even knowing them.  For weeks he ran away and feared the pants, but when he finally met them face to face, he realized he was wrong.  The pants were actually scared of him as well.  The empty pants and the boy got to know each other and they became good friends.  They got over their differences and ended up liking each other a lot.  The moral of the story is to not judge someone before you get to know them.  I think it is a good moral and I also  like the drawings.  It is a great story.

No comments: